Thursday, September 15, 2016

Robin Hood Song

I had that,
that something that felt so good
when I was a young man,
a charming Robin Hood.

When the stars were reposed in my eyes
and the fate was meek and servile.
whatever I did, I ended up on the dias,
still, no one called the game biased

When I had faith in lordy lord
and laid justice with my mighty sword,
robbed rich and gave to the poor,
of my means, I was so sure

and then you happened across,
asked questions, questions galore,
and left me thinking-"was that right"?
was it worthwhile for what I fought?

and you smirk as I nod my head in awe
made me tensile, so meek, so withdrawn
you played your little game and oh you won
You took my belief that I was "The chosen one"

You undefined the realms of my reign
all left of me, was all that I feign
I am hollow now, lying prostrate on rood.
the bleary eyed, once-upon-a-time Robin hood.

No comments: