Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How I Grow !!


Somebody asked” How you grow?”
What to answer? I don’t know.

How I grow up?
How I live my life everyday?
I sit for a while;
And then walk up my way.

The other day I saw a boy on the street;
His body was naked; so were his feet.
His eyes were blank; holding more darkness than the night sky.
Begging for a life; a life where everyday he don’t have to die.

I felt no pain;
No feeling of shame.

At night, I saw in a dark lane,
There were cries for help, somebody was being slain.
I felt no anger neither an urge to retort.
Oh! What can I do? In my whole life I have never fought.

Then I went to bed and have a sound sleep.
I made no commitments, no promises that I have to keep.

In this way I grow; with my body and with my brains.
Unaffected by the plight of poor and cries of pain.

That is the way I grow;
I don’t steal, I don’t borrow.
But neither do I give;
And no! I don’t live.

I feel no pain, no sorrow;
Look through my eyes; deep inside I am hollow.




The reality that has always haunted my psyche. Growing up with brains and body but how much we grow to help and to help whom? Who deserve the help? what's the criterion?

This piece, I wrote at around 3a.m. A guy in a movie said "Look inside my eyes , I am hollow"... that rang through my intellect. isnt that what I am growing into....someone too hollow to fill any space.

No comments: