Thursday, September 11, 2008

OuT Of The WiLd





Sleepy grey with a tinge of glint;
Footprints on the damp soil;
Gush of wind chasing wilderness;
The blackness hides crooked questions' coil.


The phantom throngs never depart;
and the deafening Babel rain;
the directions misleading the course;
as I change the tread again.

Farther, the landscape entice;
but tired limbs betray;
I oppose the tease and garner strength;
“No more wander; Here, I stay."

And then I felt the beauty;
It blinds;
I am through now.
I am out of the wild.

1 comment:

Weltfremd said...

Seems you 've finally decided upon one..
dont pretend to be in doubts....dats wat I mean!!!
Is that it???

With whatever I understand by poetry, which is without question grades below wat you would know about it, there are two points which I would want to throw light on..

One thing which I find in almost all your compositions is that they are very climax oriented, which otherwise is a very wise thought, but then.... wat happens is that everything before the superciliciously rich (content wise, as well as context wise) climax seems to loose its importance to the same... and acts no more than a highliter to the already beautified fall.

Another thing that I would want to point is that it should be taken care of, that the title of the poetry is not a phrase used in the poem, and is probably never the phrasal climax.
Title is the only advertisement a poem can afford. It should directly relate to the essence of the composition, and after going through the poetry, the reader should not feel cheated by the lack of effort made by the poet in choosing the title.

For instance, here, the crux is that by the end of the day you realize that you are self- sufficient, and self control, or rather self-cognizance is the key to contentment...

In that case the title can be something like....
"I, Suffice"...