Sunday, December 28, 2008

~Betrayal~

In the night, the sky was dark and grey.
The storm was approaching; was not far away.

And today, in this night, I was called on the bridge.
The winds were icy; I felt that I will freeze.

As I was moving on, a fright just seized me.
“What if she doesn’t turn up to meet me?”

Ah! How patiently had I waited for this night!
How my eyes had wept to get her sight!

And how impatient I am today?
Nothing can stop me; neither storm nor quake.

The moon looking like the face tried to play hide and seek.
The clouds favoring me showed what I wanted to see.

When I reached bridge, she was there.
Her face shone and her skin was fair.

I reached her and touched her;
The emotions choked the words.
All that could be heard was a murmur.

She smiled and felt shy,
No gestures I possessed for reply.

Then she came close,
I felt the air out from her nose.

And then I embraced her.
I saw a dark figure in the light of moon;
But closed my eyes; taking that hug as a boon.

Suddenly, I felt great pain.
I tried to take her away, but all was in vain.

Again she gave the kiss of death;
Again I agonizingly gasped for breath.

Then, I pushed her aside;
And saw the cunning smile that she couldn’t hide.
But by heavens! I was still alive.

I stood still and looking at her thought; for my whole life
I could have died at the slightest indication of her eyes.
Still she stole the thing which was hers, not mine.

Ah! Again much higher pain;
But from where was it gained?
I turned back and saw my friend;
And realized that is my end.

No comments: