Thursday, December 25, 2008

HARD TIMES..


The ivory boat; you jumped in; I followed the trail.
You smiled at me then fluttered the sublime sail.
The sky was clear azure with soothing gale.

Then the ship wrecked in the voyage to paradise,
When was dropped this anchor of hard times?


The child in me cried with soundless wails,
Petrified, he sees the thrusting coffin nails.
Now even the demure light dies, it evaporates.

And they say pay the bills for these hard times.
Is it my crime? Is it my vice? That we live in these hard times?


The love that we believed in, how it failed me?
How it turned into a poisonous seed?
For it bears doleful weed with dead leaves.

And you say it will happen coz autumn is nigh; sigh!
“Aye, Song will be out of rhyme; dear! These are hard times.”


Can you kill my heart to abate this pain?
Drown me down in the sea of bane?
You could, but I can’t come undone from the burning rain.

I have burnt for long with my desires; now ember flies.
Everything is charred in the inferno of hard times.



No comments: