Thursday, March 31, 2011

Longings and Belongings....

It’s been time.

Leaves have fallen by
as autumn strikes.
Dry winds and dry sky;
Dry skin and dry eyes;

left behind.

I see through the clocks,
And they turn and turn.
But I have been tied
unable to run.

As I remember you,
and your pearl smile.
your crayoned lips,
your penciled eyes.

and those pebbles thrown over the lake,
the counts of the bounces they did take.

And I think of
your creamy fingertips,
your enchanting whims.
your swing,
over the tyre tied to tree,
those closing eyes,
as oscillations increase.

And I hope still you stop
and turn around,
to a hunch of my
footsteps’ sound.

And I hope,
Still you dance
those steps I taught.
Yeah, I hope,
still you dance
to the tunes of yore.

So, if I left my crystal heart
under your fluffy stole;
and you don’t notice and I don’t recall
then sorry, now I can’t stop
let it fall.

Let it break,
It’s fine.
Belongings undone.
It’s been time.

Longings-
Still have me trapped.
To you, I am still wrapped.

With time I have found the knot,
holding it but still lost in thought.

I know with single pull,
I will unwrap, unhook.
Still my heart waits,
with that last, lamenting look.

2 comments:

Daneshia said...

This one was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what eats you Bhaskar!? what brings out that soulful poem!

Weltfremd said...

very nice.. there is not much to left to the critique n it doesn't feel like pinching holes in the overall beautifully wound feel of the poetry..
i like it.