Friday, December 9, 2011

B-Bye

But where was I,
When the spring blew whistles
Over the swaying trees?
And where was I,
When golden foliage was getting
Crushed Beneath novelty’s feet?
Where was I, then?
Where were you?

Ah! Listening to birds’ ephemeral songs,
We strolled sans care on the ageing grass,
Deeming in that it will last.
You flipped your creed.
You were there, I see.
But where was I, then?

May be I was outside your glass palace,
When you were blowing those mournful sighs,
Glancing over shoulder, to your wasteful dreams.
Forgetting a part of that waste was “I”.

Trespassing your memory kaleidoscope,
My face must have surfaced and then eloped.
As you jittered inside your glasshouse,
I saw you.

Yes, I was then, there.
And I am still, here
Outside your house of glass,
Among the insignia of past.

I see you,
You have emotions still waving
As you laughed, you smiled
And then you cried.

You are still living,
I am watching you numb,
I have already died.

************************

No comments: