Friday, November 27, 2009

A SuperHero Story

I am no hero,
never want to be one;
I don’t want to fly
and caress the sun.

I want to cry;
want to be petrified;
feel betrayed; curse with
chewed lips held tight.

I can’t always stand to be brave,
I want to be on my knees.
pray, and garner hope,
get caressed and weep.

I am no hero;
I don’t want to be the one.
I don’t want to fly
and caress the sun.

I want to be with them,
the hearts and souls of me;
take them in my arms and
hide away from stark reality.

I want to be in the crowd
with that helpless look.
and as the brave souls fight
hide; hide only if I could.

I am no hero
never wanted the role;
overrule the call
unheard what I am told;

But then who?
Somebody have to.

And if any single soul
can take my rifle and fire,
do my dirty job;
with a smile, I will retire.

But guess I am the best;
no other can do it better,
so, I would clean the wretch.

and will face the bullets
the mindless hand grenades;
I can’t hide, no time to weep,
have to crawl beside the dead.

But believe me,
a hero, I never want to be.
Believe me; even heroes pray,
and have unfulfilled dreams;

for I never wanted to be a hero;
never wanted the role;
there is no pleasure
in impaling a chest with holes;

yes, for now I am your hero,
a gentle soul with a firing gun;
I will do the filthy job,
till there comes another brave son;




( A tribute to the NSG commandos fighting that fateful day a year ago... real heroes)

No comments: