Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spring Boots

Downwards,
I face earth;
revolving land
comes closer,
surrounding me
in fading colors.
I am alarmed.
how quickly I fell?

and I wish
I could recoil.
Then, can we reconcile?

If somehow I pull out
my spring boots
and rebound, re-shoot
up; up to you.
Will you say "hi"?
or derisively-"nice try".

Gravity bangs my head to past
I remember my foolishness
I am sorry; I am aghast.
I deserve the fall.
But I can stall,
if you can
pardon my heinous crime,
give me one more chance,
just this one more time.

Then I will bring out my spring boots
I will rebound, re-shoot
up; up to you.
and will never plunge into depths again
before I crash, call my name,
call me to bring out my spring boots,
one last time rebound, re-shoot
up; up to you.

and I am going down!!!

2 comments:

Abhishek.nimdia said...

your craft would be an awesome lyrical ballad....just need a little music...cheers..:)

Technophile said...

I don't know if I read too much into it, but to me this one could be a modern day classic. For it has all the imagination, self pity, pathos, mystery and a few loose ends for the reader to tie.The first stanza shows how vivid your imagination is. Keep writing...