Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sunglasses

What was there to see?
It was all cliched
It was all predictable
It was cleanly ordered
and was fairly labelled

The mob had all the known gestures
the greetings were rehearsed the night before
the weather turned out damp and grey
as good as the forecast had foretold

Disinterested people weren't interesting
so I din't push my efforts in vain
I concealed myself into darker sights
I didn't even try to feign

I strolled amongst us for a while
sticking along a polite smile
and then after a while
I slipped inside to hide.

2 comments:

Abhishek.nimdia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhishek.nimdia said...

Can't fully grasp the situation the protagonist is going through or experiencing it...a nice poetry though....It ends little faster....